Friday, August 10, 2012

Harry potter fun

Hey guys I'm back and as promised I come bearing pics of my current crafting adventures. These guys are my mandrakes, fearsome looking bunch rant they? The one on the end seems to have mandrake pattern Baldness. I'll have to fix that later.

These are some of the potion bottles I have made so far. I think I have enough for the shop but knowing myself like I do I know I will probably make more before this shop is done. I got all the bottles from hobby lobby for an amazing deal, Which is good because I have about 50 of them at this point.


The two bottles near the end are an experiment that turned out pretty well, even though it was very labor intensive because I am relatively new to resin. I mix tiny micro beads into clear resin to create a floating look. I had to stir it every 30 minutes for three hours to keep the beads from completely settling on the bottom. I created it in gold, red, turquoise and pink. I actually dropped one of the gold ones, the glass cracked but because it was resin it looks fine and held itself in place.
Another experiment would have to be my spilled bottles. They go perfect with the general organized chaos of my work table.
My current endeavor is making time turners. They are absolutely tiny and a pain to make with large fingers but they ate turning out very well.



No comments:

Post a Comment