Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pure Inspiraton

I promised an update and here she is. unfortunately there ain't any of my own miniatures to share but I decide to take a look at the artists who inspire me in this post.
The first is
Kiva Atkinson
 http://kivasminiatures.blogspot.com/
I first came upon her in an article about her in American Miniaturist and Ive been hooked to her unique food creations ever since.Check her out on her blog, just seeing the pictures of her past works makes it a worthwhile experience.

here are some pieces from my own collection
from left to right
peeping oysters, spiced plum, two little fish in a jar, basket of wormy apples.
I absolutely love her pieces they are just so much fun and very unique!

The next artist is very near and dear to my heart. Her name is Sue Veeder and she comes with a story attached.

A few years ago my family adopted two kittens from the same litter, the male Domino was for my brother and the female Mimzy was for me. I loved my Little Mimzy but unfortunately she was only two years old when she had to be put down because of massive kidney failure. I was devastated to say the least.  Here she is in all her Torbie glory.

 One day when I was reading a past issue of american miniatureist (I just can't help myself, they are so addicting) I came across an article about an artist who creates dogs and cats out of clay. I immeadiately knew she was perfect and soon she was creating a little mimzy for me. She did an absolutely amazing job, it looks just like my Mimzy.

She along with her new friend (I got him at the show a few weeks ago at the miniature convention) are now happily waiting for the dollhouse to be finnished so they can move right on in.

These are just two of the amazing artists that inspire me and I'm sure I'll share more in the near future.












No comments:

Post a Comment